Sunday, September 24, 2006

5 Months LID

We've just passed our 5 month mark! We've been officially waiting in line for 5 months - doesn't seem that long! We've been so busy with summer, our garden, the fence, events and my new job that time has just flown by.

Wait times continue to grow and we're ok with that. For me a big part of it is the new job - I can't take FMLA for a year anyway. We have more to do with the house and the time will enable us to save more money prior to China. We also value our couple time and are cherishing our time together sans child.

I feel bad for the many parents feeling despair and frustration with the long wait. Many have experienced years of infertility, which must make this so hard for them. I wish I could wave a magic wand of zen over the China adoption community so all could feel a sense of peace in knowing they will have their child at the end of this rocky road.

3 comments:

wzgirl said...

Happy 5 month anniversary. 5 months closer....

We're right on your tail! Hope that there is good news about referrals in these next few days.

Anonymous said...

Happy 5 months!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah on the 5 months. Cool beans.