Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Golden Ticket!

From the US Department of Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services:

"It has been determined that you are able to furnish proper care to an orphan or orphans as defined by section 101(B)(1)(F) of the immigration and nationality act."

We got it! Our I-171H was waiting in the mailbox when I got home from work today! Now we have all the pieces we need to proceed with our adoption. We need to get a copy of it notarized, certified and authenticated and sent off to CCAI so that our dossier can go into critical review. I can go right downtown to get it done in one day - I'm going to shoot for taking off Friday. OK, gotta go celebrate!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you guys...I'm so excited for you both! I'm sitting here in tears and to think we've never met! To think that Bruce and Sherry are going to be Grandparents! OMG! I'm so excited for all of you! I can't wait to meet little Hana!
I can't wait to tell the boys they will have a NEW COUSIN!!!!

Nina said...

FINALLY!! Congratulations, you two!!

Beth and Shayna said...

I am so excited for you. I hope you went out to dinner to celebrate. Now, its time to get the dossier to China.

Sandra said...

YAHOO!!!! That is awesome! Hope to see your DTC date soon! And I also hope my 171 will find it's way to me one day soon (darn Dallas office)!

Alyson and Ford said...

Congratulations! You must be walking on air or at least you should be!!!

Rosie said...

FANTASTIC