Sunday, October 02, 2005

Oops!

So we got our fingerprints taken at the police outpost at a mall, I wrote a wonderful records request letter and on Friday afternoon we popped it into a UPS envelope and sent it on its way to the FBI. I woke up yesterday morning with nice sense of accomplishment - this surprise hurdle was cleared and now we simply wait. As I was happily checking in on fellow adoption bloggers I glanced down at my desk and see the copy of my very eloquent letter to be filed...suddenly two little words struck my eyes like a white hot poker - "MONEY ORDER"! A rush of panic overtook my entire being as I realized our fingerprints were on our way to the FBI without payment!

I sat paralyzed, watching the mintues tick slowly by - all 40 of them - until the magic 8 o' clock hour - UPS Store opening! I raced (ok, walked) down the street, clenching my reciept like it was gold. I explained myself to the thoroughly unimpressed and slightly annoyed store manager. He had the disdainful "you're such a UPS novice" look on his face, but maintained a polite manner and ultimately saved the day - he found our letter and made a new envelope and label and with money order enclosed, it will still make it to the FBI by Wednesday. Mission (finally) accomplished.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy ending .....glad it worked out so well:)
Love,
Dadand Sherry

Anonymous said...

Spaz! :P
Love,
Michelle