Tuesday, February 14, 2006

D.T.CCAI


That's Dossier to CCAI - one step closer to DTC or Dossier to China! I can't even describe the knots in my stomach as I dropped the package into the UPS box. I don't think I'll ever forget that 'klunk' as the package hit the bottom. It was SCARY and exciting at the same time. I checked everything several times as I collected everything and again about 10 times after receiving it back and a few times again today. I can't believe my little "hobby" is now totally out of my control!

Here's a shot of our dossier package I sent to CCAI today. We only need one more piece - our immigration approval letter or I-171H. I wish I would have kept track of how many hours went in to collecting all of this stuff. How much stuff? Here's the list:
  • Home Study Report
  • Adoption Petition (also known as letter of intent)
  • Financial Statement
  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Police Clearance Letters
  • Physical Forms
  • Employment Verification Letters
  • 3 Passport Photos each
  • 11 Photos
  • Copies of our Passports
Now we wait for the I-171H. It's been 3 weeks so far...

2/16 Update from our agency: Congratulations! Your dossier has arrived at our office! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll say a prayer for you! For it to go fast! I'm looking forward to meeting little Miss Hana at a reunion in the near future!

Beth and Shayna said...

Congrats on getting your dossier to CCAI. You are a big step closer. I have enjoyed your blog. Keeep it up and that 171H will be there in no time.

Tom, Wendy, and Andrew said...

oh gosh! how we remember that! it was like giving up our baby and not knowing what was going to happen next. phew you are almost there though! hang in there.

www.ourchinamiracle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hana will be here and in your arms before you know it. We can't wait to meet our grandchild and spoil her with lots of love and of course gifts!
Love,
Dad and Sherry

Karen said...

Congrat's on getting things ready to go. The waiting some times seems endless so it is so nice to accomplish a milestone.

Nina said...

Congratulations on getting through the paperchase! It's a huge relief and accomplishment. Hope you get to be officially DTC very soon!!

Alyson and Ford said...

Each step of the Paperchase gets you that much closer to Hana!

As Tom & Wendy said, Hang in there!

BTW: We're using CCAI as well. Also, you may want to consider using the word verification feature for those leaving comments.

Beth and Shayna said...

Hi Mary,
I hope you have your LID and can starting coutning down now. We are next for CCAI.

Cavatica said...

What a great picture! I wish I had done that.

I just added you to my blog list on my blog.