Friday, February 23, 2007

QuALTing

I've given in. I'm making a 100 good wishes quilt. What changed my mind? Why, the ALTs of course...talk of funky fabrics and ground rules ruling out babyish, hard core girlie and commercial characters sucked me in. And you know what? So glad I joined the quilt cult...check out some of these fabrics - they are fun, funky and beautiful. They're going to make a fabulous quilt that our child will find use for beyond babyhood. Thank you to all of the ALTs who've sent very creative and loving wishes our way - we will treasure them always. As for family and friends, you all need to get on the ball - we've only received one quilt square and wish from your group. I've never quilted before, don't own a sewing machine and have no idea what I'm in for, so I need these fabric squares and wishes soon so I can start planning. And no worries - I have a sew savy friend willing to help.

7 comments:

Donna said...

Do you know what kind of quilt you are going to do yet? I've never done a quilt either so I'm a bit nervous. Of course I have some time while waiting on family and friends too!

aimeeg said...

I hear ya--I LOVE all the ALT squares!

walternatives said...

Can I borrow your friend? And your sewing machine? I still haven't decided what to do with my quALTS yet.

Anonymous said...

Right back at ya! Oh, and I thought your family reminder was gentle, kind, and tastefully handled.

"M2" said...

lots of us are "hinting" to family right now

Unknown said...

we cant wait to do this. I have no idea where to start. we will start this after we get logged in. im glad I found your blog..congrats on the double digits

Anonymous said...

Just get a glue gun and stick them together! Or pay someone to do it for you.