Friday, June 01, 2007

13 Month LID

May 20 marked 13 months LID for us. The pace of referrals continues to creep along. We had our homestudy update this month and met our new social worker - she's very nice and told us that she was adopted domestically and that it was a closed adoption, meaning she has no way to search for her birthparents. It was interesting to hear how that did and did not affect her growing up. She coordinates the waiting mom meetings at our homestudy agency that I'm looking forward to attending. So far they've fallen on days I've had other obligations.

One bit of great news for us we received from CCAI today...Starting July 30, USCIS (immigration) will extend one free renewal of our I-600A/I-171H. Since our I-171H doesn't expire until mid-August we can postmark our I-600A refile for August 1 and save nearly $900!

1 comment:

aimeeg said...

Congrats on 13!