Sunday, April 02, 2006

Proud Puppy Parents

It is with great honor that I present to you her royal highness, the pretty pittie princess, Tuesday Ruby...America's newest Canine Good Citizen!

Yes, our pit bull (the mean vicious maneater that she is) passed her AKC Canine Good Citizen Test yesterday to make us the proudest pup parents on the planet. The CGC is a ten step test that evaluates dog behavior. It is open to any dog and is often the precourser to therapy work. Unfortunately Tuesday is still young and too exhuberant to do therapy work...but earning this award helps us to further chip away at the horrible stereotype imparted on these wonderful dogs by media misinformation.

Have you hugged a pit bull today?

PS: No, that is not Tuesday's bed - it's the cats' bed. This is her way of reminding us we forgot to bring her bed downstairs in the morning. Pretty smart doggie, dontcha think?

4 comments:

Cavatica said...

Congratulations to Tuesday Ruby! I am a therapist working with people with brain injury and I do animal-assisted therapy. The dog that visits most is also named Maggie. We have a client with a severe memory impairment. After a year of Maggie's coming every week he often knows her name, but not mine (he's seen me everyday for over 2 years). It's okay, I know dog's trump therapists anyday! I'm trying to pair my name with the dog's so he can learn it, too. Maybe in another year he'll have it down!

I know a wonderful pit bull. They do get a bad rap. Are you planning to do therapy work with her when she's ready?

M said...

There is a program in our city that has children read to dogs to improve their reading confidence and skills. I'd love for her to do that and I think she would be great at it as long as she's tired before she goes. Now that our paperchase is pretty much over I might look into it more.

Valeri said...

Many congrats to Tuesday!! WHat proud puppy parents you must be right now. Snoopy sends a big "WOOF WOOF" to Tuesday!

Jie Jie to Sarah Lu and Chayah Ru said...

Congratulations Tuesday Ruby! What a smart girl! I am the proud owner of a black lab/pit mix and he is the sweetest little boy! I LOVE Pit Bulls!!! They are truely amazing dogs!!
~Soon to be Jie Jie
www.journey2sarah.blogspot.com