Sunday, February 22, 2009

34 Months LID

We've now been logged in for referral from China for 34 months...that 3 year mark is just around the corner. I spoke with our agency recently and while they believe the next batch of referrals will be small due to the Chinese New Year holiday, they are hopeful that we will see more children referred in the months to follow. I asked them if they have information to support this or if it's just hope...it's just hope. The orphanage donation has been raised for the first time in 15 years and they hope that this will encourage more children to be referred to the international adoption process - while China reports increases in domestic adoption, the general belief is that it has still not increased enough to eliminate the need for international placement.

As for our attempted concurrent adoption, things are not looking great right now.

2 comments:

"M" said...

Sigh......

Nina said...

I'm so, so sorry. The interminable wait truly sucks.
I hope you don't have to wait too much longer (that sounds so trite but I feel compelled to say it). My fingers are crossed for you that you see Hana's face in the next few months.