Thursday, January 10, 2008

Timeline Update

An agency - not our agency - sent out a communication to its clients and a friend who is adopting through that agency shared that it appears the 5-7 LID day referral batches are to continue indefinitely. If we take the 122 LID days in line ahead of us and divide by the average of 6 days, we would see our referral in about 20 months (ultimately a 40ish month wait). That's later 2009. A recent email reply to me from our agency leans toward expecting our referral sometime in 2009 as well.

In light of this new "information", we'll be planning a fabulous vacation this year - and I do mean fabulous! We haven't decided where yet, but will keep you all posted. Meanwhile this blog will continue to chronicle our pre-adoption adventures and beyond and I'll be sure to keep you all informed of any changes on the China adoption front. I know I'm behind and I've promised much more Dominica information and now that the holidays are behind us I should be catching up soon.

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

walternatives said...

Will do. Can't wait to see where y'all will end up next...

Rosie said...

Bloody hell!!! That means with a NOV LID it will be Nov 11..might aswell do everything till then.
Have a nice holiday!!

Kelli said...

Grrrr on the slowdown...Whoo Hoo on the vacation! Can't wait to hear what exciting locale you will find yourselves in!!