Sunday, November 19, 2006

Dim Sum, Moon Cakes and Wolves, Oh My!

My family came to visit last weekend. They usually come in the summertime and while I was a little disappointed that I couldn’t show them our beautiful prairie garden and organic veggie abundance we had a great time.

We visited Brookfield Zoo – the best zoo in the country. If you are ever in the Chicagoland area, it’s definitely worth the visit and they are open every day of the year. Bring comfortable shoes…the zoo spans over 200 acres.

We did fondue for dinner – I love a good fondue meal and the social aspect it promotes. There’s no wolfing it down or hurry. It was very relaxing.

Saturday it was on to Chinatown for Dim Sum at the Phoenix and a stop at the Chinese bakery. I purchased 2 mini moon cakes to try – one with lotus paste and one with bean paste – both were awesome! We tried a variety of other goodies as well and everything was superb.

Of course the weekend was too short and we look forward to seeing everyone around the holidays. And hopefully they’ll visit in the summer next time and enjoy our little backyard urban oasis.

1 comment:

walternatives said...

I'll be looking forward to seeing photos of your oasis this coming spring! And looking forward to the CHI-ALT even sooner!