Sunday, March 05, 2006

Still Waiting for I-171H

We are still waiting for our immigration approval letter. I saw another person in our area who already received theirs and their timeline was similar, so hopefully it will be soon. Our SW is going to call CIS for an update on Tuesday. I'm trying hard to be patient, but as each month is seeing the matching process slow down further, I'm really anxious to get our dossier to China soon.

Update 3/12: still no news. SW's call to our local CIS has not yet been returned.

Update 3/17: SW called again Thursday and still no return call. She said she did find out they are in the midst of a staff change. Hopefully the end result will be faster processing. Jacksonville has been processing within days of fingerprinting - send some of that efficiency this way!

5 comments:

Mary said...

I know its hard to wait, but hang in there!

Karen said...

I found that is was so hard to wait for this document. We have friends from the same state as ours who got their's in two weeks meanwhile ours took 8 weeks.

Hang In there it will come.

Nina said...

It's so hard to wait, isn't it!? Fingers crossed that it comes soon!!

Valeri said...

Trust me, I know how awful this waiting is! I'm here to listen anytime you need to vent or gripe about the waiting process!!

Sandra said...

I hope the CIS issue is resolved soon! It is crazy how there is such a difference in turn-around times at the various offices around the country. Hang in there!